Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Northwest Regional Crossfit Games and a new bet


SWEEEEEEET!!!! May 15 and 16 are the Crossfit Northwest Regional’s and Affiliate Cup Team Competition. I’m not competing but I’m psyched to watch this event.

I’ve been training with the Crossfit Bellevue team, http://www.crossfitbellevue.com/, for the last couple of months so I got to witness the dedication and hard work they put in to get prepared for the games. I wasn’t able to keep up with the people competing but it was nice to train right along with them and get in better shape.

Today the Northwest Crossfit workouts have been announced: http://games2010.crossfit.com/blog/2010/05/nw-regional-events-announced/

I know people at various Crossfit gyms and everyone was nervous & excited for the announcement of the competition WOD’s. Now they are official and people are getting pumped and it got the trash talking started.

I’ve mentioned in earlier posts about my friend Jared, he is the person that introduced me to Crossfit. He’s an elite athlete that’s been in martial arts since he was a kid and has been doing Crossfit for the past 2-3 years. Jared is a close friend of mine that I coached for many years, we were training partners and he was a groomsman in my wedding.

Jared has won Mixed Martial Arts events, Pro TKD tournaments, National and International Olympic Style Sport TKD Tournaments too. So he has a phat martial arts resume and just this year he has focused on the Crossfit games. Jared is a stud, well rounded and just recently scored over 400 in fight gone bad. He’s competing on an Affiliate Cup Team with a competing Bellevue Crossfit gym. So we’ve been having fun talking trash back and forth on who will do better. Then when the Northwest Crossfit Games WOD’s were announced he text me.

And this is how the conversation went:

Jared: Sorry man……

Me: Sorry for what?

Jared: I’m apologizing early for how bad our team is gonna beat your team. LOL

Me: LOL, right. Have you done any of the WOD’s yet? The girls at our gym already have been practicing them and they have the clean and jerks down……and killed it. I think the women on the teams are going to be what pushes teams over the top. Our women are studs, how are your girls?

Me again: Better yet, we should make a wager. Your Bellevue team vs. the Crossfit Bellevue teams I train at.

Jared: Hmmmm a bet? Quite possible.

Me: If your team places higher than the team where I train, then Erin and I will take you and a friend to dinner, if CFBV places higher than the team you’re on then you’re babysitting my kids one weekend night(remember I have 3 kids)

Jared: Can I wait to verify that one of our girls gets over a bug she has?

Me: LOL really so this one girl is the entire life support of your team

Jared: No

Me: Sure, I’ll wait since you’re not that confident with your team

Jared: I was just Bull$hitting……..bets on

Me: LOL giddy up!

I love that I have a Crossfit challenge going on and I’m not in it :-)

I hope both teams do well and qualify for the next level of competition but I just hope Crossfit Bellevue places at least one spot higher.

GOOD LUCK TEAM CROSSFIT BELLEVUE
Jon
Gabe
Bill
Janice
Jen
Christina

You’re going to do great.

No pressure just go out and kick A$$.................otherwise you’re pitching in for dinner :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment