Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dates are set for upcoming challenges and new challenges are made


I didn’t want to be the only buffoon at the gym that runs his mouth and finally someone else is stepping up to the plate. Thank you, Levi. I posted a simple question on Facebook yesterday looking for distances with the Broad Jump. I saw a WOD on crossfitfootball.com which was 10 attempts to find your max distance Broad Jump so I wanted more information. I wanted to know what would be considered average, intermediate, advanced and elite distances?

Right away Levi comes on and says “That sounds like a worthy challenge, you’re on! Broad Jumps on Saturday, prepare to be out-distanced”. Thank you Levi for being the new buffoon that throws out challenges.

Once again I’m in a challenge that I didn’t start but can I back down from it…..noooooo! So I asked Levi why he was so quick to throw out a challenge, I didn’t know if he was a professional broad jumper or if he held a broad jumping world record. He said no, but he’s learning from me about perfecting the “Mindless Challenge”. I was so proud :-) I told Levi that in order to be a true Master of the mindless challenge you must be able to back it up like me……..what what!! So this Saturday April 3rd in between the affiliate cup workouts will be the contest and results of the Broad Jump Challenge.

Here are updates for my other upcoming challenges:

An official date has been set to compete against Jon L in our challenge WOD. So come out May 1st to see me make a giant cry. Jon put no restrictions on the WOD I issued against him so I’m still leaning toward:

Challenge WOD
4 rounds of (5 pull-ups & 5 ground to overhead at 135 pounds)
Run 400 meters
4 rounds of (5 pull-ups & 5 ground to overhead at 135 pounds)
Run 800 meters
4 rounds of (5 pull-ups & 5 ground to overhead at 135 pounds)
Run 400 meters
Plank

I was thinking of making it 20 pull-ups and 20 ground to overhead instead of 4 rounds of 5 but I stopped because I think Jon will be faster at long constant reps while I’m faster with short intense bursts. Plus I can use the transition from exercise to exercise to get any rest I may need to keep my speed and tempo going without taking any breaks. I’m not sure about having the plank at the end. I want it as a “just in case” I don’t win, but I’d hate to have it in there and lose because Jon can plank for 20 minutes. I’ll probably flip flop back and forth on the plank and decide May 1st.

I have a do-over WOD against Dan with the continuation of "Mess with a Navy Seal Day”. This really should be established as a national Crossfit holiday. Once a year at all the Crossfit gyms across the land have members challenge all the current and former military special ops people to a WOD. The winner gets bragging rights for the next year.

After that challenge, I’m in negotiations with going head to head against Gabe, he’s one of the trainers with Crossfit Bellevue. This challenge started because I innocently pointed out that Gabe hasn’t hit the top score in a WOD EVERRRRRRRRRRRR, at least I haven’t seen his name on top since I’ve been with this gym. Sure he gets in the top 3 for every single WOD, so he’s very advanced and well rounded with every discipline of Crossfit with no “weak” areas. However, I’ve won 2 WOD’s since I started training at CSBV and he’s won zero, which means Ron is Awesome and Gabe is not as Awesome. Now I just need to negotiate a WOD that suits my strong points in the few WOD’s I’ve finished ahead of him. Also, I’m establishing an important rule for our challenge, Gabe must keep his shirt on the entire WOD. He’s the only guy I know that in the middle of winter with 3 feet of snow he’ll rip his shirt off then run outside……..his man boobies are very distracting and there is no way I can concentrate during the challenge if those things are bouncing all over the place. He at least has to wear a mans sports bra.

Again I want to finish with I'm happy Levi stepped up to the plate and initiated a challenge. More people need to do that otherwise I’ll be forced to challenge people against one another in the gym :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment