Monday, April 19, 2010

WOD Induced Temporary Memory Loss.



I will start this with.........No man should be held accountable for remembering anything after a hard crossfit workout. Your brain doesn't have the ability to remember important things at that time.

So with that this is your “how to” lesson for the day:

How to get into the Shi*house in less than 2 minutes with the wife.

The names and details of this story haven’t been changed, exaggerated or embellished in anyway. This is exactly how the story happened…………..unfortunately.

The other night at Crossfit Bellevue, after the workout the guys are putting together the rodeo man-cation along with myself to figure out which date to go on. So we are looking at a calendar and the best weekend to do it where everyone is free is July 10th. They ask if anyone has anything that weekend and everyone says no. Then Erin, my sweet and beautiful wife, steps in and goes "Ron you don't have anything going on that weekend?"

I say "no, no plans at all.....I'm open"

Erin again says "are you sure there is nothing important going on that weekend"

I'm nervous so I think for a second, no vacations planned, it’s not our wedding anniversary so I answer…….."yep no plans, absolutely nothing important going on. It's totally free"

Now Erin gives me another look where all the guys even look at me like I had better think hard because I’m obviously missing something………she goes "Ron SERIOUSLY you have nothing going on"

For some reason her email address popped into my head which is erinj710........7-july, 10-her birthday.......crappppppp, July 10th is her birthday.

Jon laughed so hard he had to walk away and Brian tried to help me fix the goof up with a little sweet talk…….yeah it didn't work :)

My theory is, I worked out so hard that all the blood stopped flowing to my brain so I didn't have the capacity to remember that very important date :-) I can’t be held accountable for things I say and can’t remember after a workout.

I think I fixed it, we'll celebrate her birthday the weekend before plus have Erin visit friends......see I'm a sweetheart :-) and I still get to go on the Rodeo Man-cation.

No comments:

Post a Comment