Tuesday, April 13, 2010


I’ve been away from the gym for a week and that’s just way too long. Wife was sick, kids had baseball and other adult responsibilities getting in the way of me hitting the gym to get ripped for summer :-) I’m obviously kidding for those that don’t know me.

The week I was out I only did light workouts and light running on my own and let my body rest a little but now it’s back into high action to get in shape for my upcoming challenges. Next one is May 1st vs. Jon L.

I was back in the gym last night and was very pleased to see the WOD wasn’t timed. It was a pyramid WOD with lots of reps but the focus was on technique and not time. This was the perfect time for me to come back, I know the reps will kill me in a couple of days and I won’t accidentally slack on my range of motion trying to make up time when I’m a little out of high performance shape.

The day was even better because it was one of the trainers, Gabe(who I have an upcoming challenge against), birthday and the best way to celebrate a birthday is by Bill and Micki buying KFC Double Downs for everyone. If you don’t know what they are, it’s two fried boneless chicken breasts that are used as the bread and in between them is a special sauce, two types of cheese and bacon. It’s the perfect complement after a working out. You work out really hard so you can reward yourself eating and drinking the things that aren’t very good for you from time to time. The KFC double down is that food item that when you eat it your heart hurts a little bit. You feel guilty and go run a couple more miles and eat nothing but fruits and vegetables for the next month. So win win and IT TASTES THAT GOOD!!!!

You have to love the things trainers and customers get excited over in a Crossfit gym. Last night we were very excited over eating the KFC double downs and the new toys the gym bought. The gym purchased 3 tractor tires for the gym. Where else do adults get excited over three 800 pound tractor tires coming to the gym? I’m excited and nervous to see what tortures and games they come up with.


So I’m back in action and I need to get more posts up. My next update will be how I demonstrate that with a couple of words and me being an idiot, I dumbed my way into a trip where I’ll be riding a bull in front of some friends and a town full of cowboys.………yee hawwww!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Correction. Those tires are MINE. i bought them for myself as a birthday gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome andddd who the heck buys tractor tires for themselves. You might have a problem.

    ReplyDelete