Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I know what's sexy!!!! Completed Zachs "Chicken Legs" WOD

March 13, 2010

"Chicken Legs" 10 rds of 10-Lunges / Thrusters / Squats and a stair climb. With a plate. M45, W25.

I liked yesterdays workout a lot more than I was originally expecting, so thanks zach :-) It will be sad to see you go but it's always nice to see people go after goals and dreams, so good luck and enjoy the journey.

I went into this WOD with the strategy of just completing the reps with no breaks on exercises and only break, when I need to, in between exercises. Especially for me to not blow out, i didn't want to go out fast then die out like so many times before. So this time try pacing myself since this one looked brutal and long. First round I was in my strategy, good strong pace but too slow, i was last out the door. I didn't worry, I assumed they'd all slow down, I wasn't going for a top time with this WOD but still assumed I wouldn't be last. So stick with the plan, no breaks during exercises.

I didn't break on the lunges. I didn't take many breaks with the thrusters but I did break up the squats from time to time. I still expected to be in the middle of the pack with this WOD. But I wasn't, I was near the bottom for times which I was ok with. With a WOD like this just doing that many exercises, stairs and reps, you're getting a good workout. I'm getting my mental intensity back since my injury so my fist pumping will be back soon once all the tools and body is back together.

My wife Erin, did the level 3 workout and lapped me a couple of times. I think this was the first time since we've started crossfit that she did a level 3 workout and beat me..........I thought that was pretty damn hot, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-)

Thank you crossfit. I'll make good use of this later....wacka wackaaaaa(fozzie bear voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment