Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rowing & Washington CF Sectionals Update. February 27, 2010: 10x300 meter sprint rows and update on Washington Sectionals

I tried the 10 x 300 meter sprint rows Friday night. I realized the rower and I still aren't friends but Dan and Leilani organized a rowing workshop that is being taught by Olympic and World Champion rowers, so I signed up right away and if they can't find a way for me to become friends with the rower then we were never meant to be friends.

Erin and I went to see the crossfit games Saturday where Matt, Jon and Kim are doing great and still in the hunt to qualify for regionals. Unfortunately I missed the first WOD, I wanted to see it but i heard everyone did great. I did see the 40 HSPU and 40 Front Squats WOD, Matt destroyed it and placed at the top of the group for the second WOD in a row. He was one of the few guys able to complete the 40 HSPU's and 40 front squats so his scores reflected that. Kim went out and destroyed the 40 HSPU, she was one of very few women the entire day to even complete all 40 of the hspu's, plus in her heat, she was the first one done and easily beat the next woman to finish her 40 hspu by at least 2-3 minutes so her overall score for the WOD did reflect such a fantastic hspu time.

The FGB: Wall Ball/Power Snatch/ Box Jumps/ Row Jon and Matt were going in the same heat right next to each other. I'm shocked thier scores didn't show much higher because they were consistent and smooth with their Wall Balls, their snatches were significantly faster and significantly more reps than any of their competitors, their box jumps were fine and looked as they were staying with the group then on the rower it looked like they destroyed it. Jon nearly pulled the chain from the machine and Matt actually rowed his machine across the floor. Matts stationary rower was literally about 10 feet from the spot it started in when he started rowing. I was shocked when their scores were posted they weren't at the top for the group. they did great, solid, consistent and still in striking distance with two of their stronger areas coming up Sunday.

Sundays going to be a good day. Erin is very interested in watching the women groups and see how they knock out the 5 rep max deadlifts and double unders. I predict Kim is going to get a huge PR in the deadlift today, I don't want to jinx her but I predict she 5 rep max's what her december one rep deadlift max was :-) Go Kim!!!
These two Sunday WOD's is where Jon and Matt can make up some ground and start separating themselves from the field. I think their preparation is really going to show on Sunday with their strength, endurance and ability to recover from Saturdays WOD's. I'm curious to see how many of the men and women can even walk into the competition after Saturdays WOD's let alone go out and perform at their peak. Kim, Jon and Matt have prepared well for this and I think Sunday will separate them from the field and put them in qualifying position.

I’m looking forward to Sunday.

Have fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment