Friday, March 19, 2010

Daniel & Rhinestone Cowboy Up!!!!! March 18, 2010


WOD: Crossfit: In honor of SFC Daniel Crabtree, "Daniel" 50-pull-ups, 400 run, 21-thrusters, 800 run, 21-thrusters, 400 run, 50-pull-ups.

I’m so sore from the WODs this week that the thought of doing Daniel has me cringe, but the reality is I need to do it in order to workout the soreness.

Erin is doing the fully prescribed level 3, so full pull-ups and the prescribed weight which only a small handful of women are even attempting to do today. She finished in 40 minutes and was really disappointed with her time but I tried telling her that she did 100 pull-ups, the prescribed thruster weight and the runs. She needs to stop sounding like me and be happy. The times will come as you’re getting stronger. It took her 8 months in Crossfit before she completed her first non-banded pull-up and now at her 10th month of Crossfit she’s doing 100 in a WOD. Giddey Up!

This was an ok day for me too. I got a really nice warm up in which worked out a lot my soreness. As I got ready for the WOD I notice that Jake used some hand protection during the pull ups. Since I injured my shoulder my hands aren’t tough anymore and they rip really easy. I hate tearing my hands because it makes things miserable, since Jake already completed the WOD he let me use them.

Well we are about to start and I’m putting on the protection when Janice notices. She’s laughing walks over and asks why I’m putting maxi pads on my hands, then asks if I need to be packed in bubble wrap to make sure I don’t get an owie going up and down the stairs. Nothing feels better than a 95 pound woman that can back squat more than you calling you out for being you soft. I would have said a clever comeback but she can do Daniel running backwards and still beat me, plus it was funny. I can’t get mad at funny tough chick.

It should be noted that after the workout my hands didn’t have any tears and they were still baby soft. I like the maxi pads.

______

I must be having one of those weeks. First I get called soft by woman that’s less than half my size. Now I’m about to head to the gym to work on my shoulder and do some of the strength exercises I missed during this week at Crossfit. I grabbed my gear and accidentally picked up my wives baby blue rhinestone headphones. I need music but I can’t wear baby blue rhinestone headphones.

My thought is it’s Friday so I am hoping there isn’t anyone in our office gym. I will walk in with the full intention of leaving if anyone is in there.
Sweet!! Nobody is there so I get dressed, get my music and plug in the rhinestone headphones. Part way through the workout a woman walks in to use the treadmill, I don’t think she notices me so I Rhinestone Cowboy up and keep working out. I just grunt a little louder to let her know how tough I am.

Rhinestone Giddey Up!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment