Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I think today is my day. Results from the February 22, 2010 WOD

That was a fun WOD. My lungs were still burning when I went to bed last night. I definitely need a good burn in my lungs like that at least once a week.

Unfortunately everything I predicted with the WOD happened. I went out fast with the 800 run, finished 1st coming into the gym a good amount ahead of everyone, then got passed in the very first row. I talked with Jake after the WOD and he was pulling 1:42 500 meter splits during his 1,000 meter row and I was hitting about 2:15 splits per 500. That's just too big of a gap, I'll never be able to fist pump if I keep that up.

Fortunately I gained some time on the 100 DU's but Jake was out the door first for the 400 run. I wasn't far behind but I couldn't catch him on the run which put me in worse position especially knowing i was going to lose more time on the row. I did ask Jake to wait up for me when he was heading out for the 400 run, until I finished my DU's, but he saw through my trick and kept running. Jake finished the run and row far ahead of me (I did my 500 meter row in 2:05 so I made up some time for me) but he must have tripped on the way to his DU's because I somehow linked enough together and made up for my poor rowing times and finished a couple of seconds ahead. Sweet, mini fist pump!!

I still couldn't catch Jon or Janice for the day so no fist pumping or victory lap yet. I will someday take away their victory laps even if it's for just one day.
Oh two more things :-)

One, when I got into the gym I was talking to Jon and he let me know that his time for the WOD was very beatable because he didn't warm up, he didn't push that hard since he wants to peak himself for this weekend, I think he even said he ran some of it backwards and threw in some cartwheels too. He told me that to let me know I should have no problem beating his time today. I still lost to him by a couple of minutes, YAY ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment