Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tried one of the Washington State Sectional WODs

Nice WOD's: 8-1:00 minute rounds of max rep overhead press (any style) M 155, W105. Short run between sets.

I did 95 pounds because of shoulder, so that helped me do a lot more reps. This is a WOD I shouldn't have tried to do a strict push press as long as I did. I should have started using as much of my full body and legs to explode the weight above my head, find a good rhythm and not rush. Of course this is me so in my Jersey Shore name, "blowout" I went out fast hit exhaustion and slowed down big at the end, someday i'll be strong and fast all the way through. My body has to catch up to my brain someday.

My totals were 16-9-7-7-7-5-5-9 for total of 65 total reps.

I definitely think those competing next week need a strategy and practice a few rounds of this to get a good rhythm and their timing down. Doing 155 is a beast. a few one or two rounds during the week just to lock in on a good rhythm and timing will make a huge difference.

Funny, talkin to Jon before the WOD started I was confident he'd need to and be able to knock out 10 reps per round finishing with about 80. It's always easier to figure out the numbers before the workout especially one you've never done before. I still think he can pull off 64-80 next week at sectionals.

I'd like another shot at this WOD, I liked it. Lots of fun, got a hard burn, hit muscle failure many times and my lungs were on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment